To prevent break-ins or to keep even the idea of unlawful intrusion to form in the minds of criminals, you must secure your business premises. Industrial gates Melbourne companies recommend serve as your first line of defence and one of the effective deterrents of burglaries.
But don’t stop at automatic gates and fences. To truly protect your business against crime, you need to study every aspect of premises security.
Measures to take to protect your business
Carry out a security survey
This is the best way to assess the local environment where your company stands. Take the onion-peeling principle when carrying out a survey. That is, you evaluate one layer at a time.
The four areas you must consider are:
- The surrounding area of your business, from the street to alleys bordering the property.
- The entire perimeter where the public can gain access.
- The doors and windows that provide access to the building.
- The interior of the building that needs to be protected from criminal activities.
The goal is to check any weak areas around the property and anything else that provide opportunities for crime. Look for possible hiding places, poorly lit areas, and walls and fences that can be climbed.
Any information you collect will help you reinforce security, replace regular gate with industrial electric gates Melbourne clients rely on.
Your survey, however, should not stop with the property and the building. You should also assess your staff, visitors, and security guards that are potential physical targets for crimes.
Make a list of security measures to take
Based on your survey, it will be easy to see why it’s best to use industrial security gates Melbourne clients trust and what other measures you can combine with them.
Reinforce access points
- Make sure all windows have locks and, for good measure, install a shatter alarm.
- Doors should be fitted with security alarms. They must be well-constructed and sturdy as well.
- When you have shutters and raid barriers, reinforce them with locks and rams.
Secure the perimeter
- Install industrial gates Melbourne has for effortless security and safety. They are designed with reliability in mind, without the high cost of a hydraulic system. Combined with other security accessories for controlled entry, an unlawful intrusion is prevented.
- Check gates and fences for damage or any weak sections. Repair, replace, or reinforce where applicable.
- Take anti-climb measures to deter unauthorised individuals from scaling the fence or perimeter walls.
Control access in and out of the building and in some key areas. Make sure you have a record of who has authorised keys and passes and keep a log of their activities. Have authorised employees leave their access passes after work.
Install intruder alarms
No business premises should be without security alarms. How else can you keep thieves out? Industrial gates Melbourne installers place around the premises should be fitted with alarms as well. Install CCTV for good measure.
Protect your business premises the right way
From security gates Melbourne offers to alarms linked to a monitoring centre, you have plenty of options to secure company premises. So take advantage of them. Don’t risk business loss and theft. See more at https://www.themotorisedgatecompany.com.au/industrial